512GTS vs GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Gt < 512gts > Gtx

Well, I know the situation. 512GTS beats out the GTX by a small margin in low resolutions without AA.

GTX beats out 512GTS with high resolution and AA, by a lot more.

I've just ordered the 512GTS and it cost me $350.. now I see an opportunity for a second-hand GTX for $380!

Think I should sell my GTS and get that GTX instead?

I'm already saying yes, I just need some feedback.

What brand GTS is it. If its an eVga i would just stick with it and go for the stepup in february to the new 9 series cards. I just got 2 GTS 512s and they're great cards. Plus it has crysis bundled with it that you can sell.

Sorry to have to bump this. Here's my situation now.

With tax, I spent almost $370 on the 8800GTS :\

I found someone interested in buying it for $350, so there a $20 loss there.

If I'm getting the $380, second-hand GTX, I'm essentially plunking down another $30, so the card is really going to be costing me $400 total.

With tax and shipping, the 8800GT is going to cost me $279.73... ~$280. So there's a difference of $90 from what I spent on the GTS, but selling it second hand, I lose $20, so it's really only a difference of $70. Plus, having to pay $10 shipping is also a loss because I could've had it shipped for free with my initial order.

Then again, the 8800GT I will be getting is in fact an EVGA brand, so I'd be getting the plus of the Step-Up program and a bundled Quake Wars (meh?)

So, I'm just looking for some feedback here. I have three options:

1) Sell GTS for $350. Lose $20. Add $30, get 8800GTX. Total $ difference, -$50.

2) Sell GTS for $350. Lose $20. Lose another $10 to shipping and $15 to taxes, get 8800GT for $280. Total $ difference, +$45

3) Just keep the GTS.

The most awesome thing would be if I could find someone to sell it to for $380 to cover all my losses. Actually, wait, it'd have to be $395, but still, $380 would be great. I'd much prefer downgrading to a GT than upgrading to a GTX.

I personally would keep the GTS. No reason to downgrade to a 8800gt, and I don't think the GTX is worth the extra $50.

Keep GTS or get GTX....don't go backwards to GT

I may be looking for a 2nd hand GTX or Ultra...if the price is right.....myself.

Just forget it and stick with the GTS.

The GTX has higher power consumption, higher noise, no warranty and it is also a risk buying second hand. The GTS is a really good card anyway that should serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom