Tuniq or True, which ones better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if i recall correctly, the Tuniq uses thumbscrews which will destroy your hand and also have a tendancy to break if you put them on too tight. The TRUE uses normal springloaded screws which after you have mounted the thing 3-4 times becomes pretty easy to install.

Actually copper is much cheaper than aluminum, and it's also significantly (not marginally) better at dissipating heat.

So I'm actually not sure why they wouldn't make the TRUE out of copper if it was meant to be the absolute best air cooler.

Oh well no worries, it's still darned good.

It is hard to work with, and low strength. They should make it out of Pure platinum, with 24 heat pipes and 150 fins, each pipe cooled by its own water cooling with super cooled water at -10 degrees celcius :)

And price it at like £999,999

Darker materials absorb, and then dissipate heat quickest. A black coated pure copper heatsink would be best if the air temperature was cold in the first place.

It is hard to work with, and low strength. They should make it out of Pure platinum, with 24 heat pipes and 150 fins, each pipe cooled by its own water cooling with super cooled water at -10 degrees celcius :)

And price it at like £999,999

Darker materials absorb, and then dissipate heat quickest. A black coated pure copper heatsink would be best if the air temperature was cold in the first place.

Puffpuff pass dude. i want some of what yer smoking.

The Tuniq tower is pretty old... I think it was reviewed by Tom's hardware over 2-3 years ago.... TRUE is a bit new I believe (I can't be certain on that, correct me if I am wrong)...

Anyways, lol, I was trying to figure out what the TRUE is.... (Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme) for those not 'in-the-know'.... I have one for my E6750, but I haven't gotten it installed yet, so I can't give you any temps or anything.... SHOULD be installed at some point next week... I am crossing my fingers.

The Tuniq tower is pretty old... I think it was reviewed by Tom's hardware over 2-3 years ago.... TRUE is a bit new I believe (I can't be certain on that, correct me if I am wrong)...

Anyways, lol, I was trying to figure out what the TRUE is.... (Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme) for those not 'in-the-know'.... I have one for my E6750, but I haven't gotten it installed yet, so I can't give you any temps or anything.... SHOULD be installed at some point next week... I am crossing my fingers.

it was built for Pentium 4's, but its used for q6600's now, which runs cooler and consumes less power than the P4 (ya good job on that lame Netburst Intel)

veedubfreak, what kind of fan config do you have on your TRUE?? Single, Dual? I have 4 different 120mm Sythe fans, Not sure what to do though. I am thinking of 2 fans, in a push pull fashion, blowing the air vertically up and out the case (Antec 900 has a 200mm fan at the top of the case above the CPU area. Also, with the 4 fans, there are 2 pairs.... 2 are PWM fans, and 2 are 800RPM fans, not sure what do go with.... what do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom