'PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable...' Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Im getting that error on one of my two comps im trying to get up and running...

If someone has AIM or MSN please PM me so i can add you... I need some help with lots of little tid-bits of comp info.

But in general this is my problems

My one comp doesnt allow my mouse or keyboard to work, ps2 OR usb

and my other one is getting this error

PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable

once again pm me your aim or msn info if you would like to help me cause these are only 2 of a few thins and im sure once i solve these more will come up within 2 seconds

I looked it up.. seemed to be when theres a non bootable disk in drive.... or bios setting are wrong or the HDD is bad.. those are the answers I got when I searched that error.... BTW When i get it its bc I left my BF2 CD in -_-....

well i tried it with the first being floppy dsk (even though i dont have one) the 2nd being cdrom and the 3rd being Hard disk.... then i tried it cdrom and then 2 hard disks... stll didnt work

Im gonna double check to see if the HDD is all plugged in right

The only explanation i can think of is that i cant boot off that disk.... and this god **** laptop doesnt work off of safemode right when i need it to.....

My luck is so ****ing bad, i picked a really bad time to start these builds..........

I've seen this quite a few times... Go into your BIOS, and turn off the boot from LAN option. See if that helps.

If that doesn't work, make sure all of the cables are in properly.

Can't remember for sure..but I think it's somewhere in the boot configuration section. You know, like where you can disable/enable drives to boot. Been a while since I've had to mess with it.

... I also read about the 68 series of the mobo you have having issues.. did you get the 67 or 68? and BTW to get your mind off of this.. I think I've found our game engine... Its either Eclipse Evolution or Xtreme Worlds.... :D

Does the BIOS recognize the HDD? If it doesn't, try putting it in another comp if you can and see if the BIOS (or Windows) recognizes it there.

my mind is distracted by this

I looked in system monitor... my cpu is at 111Celsius

with a tuniq tower???????

we must of screwd up on thermal paste or something

i just turned it off... im not gonna mess with it if im getting that temp.. I'll just wait till either u or bill are available... .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom