Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Building comp during Hard times, Need help plz

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tynkb
Newb Techie

Send a message via MSN to Tynkb
Default Re: Building comp during Hard times, Need help plz

Wow is all I can say so far for the info. As of the things I have being top dollar but not worth the money that they cost is I got everything really really cheap. The 2 Raptor 150gigs there being sold at 199.99 a piece I paid 90$ for both of them (45$ a piece).. The sound blaster card is being sold at 149.99 I paid 62$.. The kingston ram I paid 22$ per 1gig so $88 for 4gigs. As for Speakers a friend is selling me some Logitech G51s? for 100$..I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with LCD screen (the new non flip out screen one) I got from my sister as a early present. Montior I got a 24inch dell from my work for free. As for the Motherboard I posted its the
ASUS Striker Extreme "Republic of Gamers" Series ATX Socket LGA775 Motherboard CompUSA.com - ASUS Striker Extreme "Republic of Gamers" Series ATX Socket LGA775 Motherboard - ASUS Computer Upgrades Motherboards
VS
ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard CompUSA.com - ASUS Striker Extreme "Republic of Gamers" Series ATX Socket LGA775 Motherboard - ASUS Computer Upgrades Motherboards (being the one I already have)
Reason I am looking at getting the Striker one is for in the future if I want to SLI my graphic cards, and a few Other little things, Retail on it is 299.99 I can get it for $130 so I thought maybe just get the higher end one while I have the chance to get it cheap. As of today after looking at cases I picked out the Silver CoolerMaster 830 Stacker (funny you said that). And already having the BFG power supply do you think I should get a new one? Compusa is going out of bussiness and they have a strick no return policy so I cant bring it back ill just have to sell it to someone whos looking to get one, if you think I should let it go. And with the graphic cards I think im going to go with the 512 8800GT. I think thats everything I might have missed something... Again I want to thank everyone for any and all help you have been giving me. Its really helping me out alot (being my head is in 137 different places right now)

P.S. I happen to be a Plastic pusher and dont use cash so I think thats going to be the only thing that saves my *** proving I bought new things that I dont have proof of.(I save any and all reciepts just as a habit..Glad I do now)

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.