Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.... adding to the hype... Just got a few new parts from the computer store, and also did some more touch up painting.... I TRIED to get to the auto parts store to get some 1000 grit or better sand paper to sand down the case finish to make it look better, but they closed before I got there.... oh well :(

Anyways, dinner kind of got canceled. My friend was sick, and didn't come out of her bedroom (was sleeping anyways). So I hung out with her parents for a bit, and played Texas Hold 'em with her oldest son... Lost when I went all in on a hand I didn't look at, lol. I suck anyways.....

ANYWHO.... I just have to resize the pics, upload them, take care of a few other things, and then you will see what the case will look like... I didn't cut corners, the WHOLE CASE, and I mean WHOLE CASE was painted black. Inside & Out. Only thing I gotta do is clean off and re-mask the motherboard rear plate. I had it sitting out, and it got FULL of cat hair on the sticky part of the tape... oh well. Good thing it hasn't been painted yet. lol.

Alas, here are the pics!!!

Here is the new stuff I got.... 2 Scythe DFS122512L-PWM fans, EPS 8 pin cord extender, 2 120mm fan grills/filters, got a pack of extra screws & motherboard standoffs, and 2 cans of this BAWLS stuff I hear everyone keep talking about.
newjunk.jpg

Here are the drive cages & Grills drying. Just painted the grills, had some touch ups on the cages.
DriveCagesGrills.jpg

Here are random angles of the case... In the first pic, you can see where the drips are, LUCKILY for me, 95% of all of it is in a spot that will be covered by the motherboard. So if I DO deciede to fix it, it will likely be a rainy day project.
Painted1.jpg

Painted2.jpg

Painted3.jpg

Painted4.jpg

Painted5.jpg

After re-sizing this pic, I noticed that I missed an area in the corner, and it was bothering me, so I just now sprayed it. :D
Painted6.jpg

Random attempt at photography.....
casecar.jpg

LOL.... and NO, I do NOT own a Dell..... I personally feel their computers are POS's next to what you can build yourself.... HOWEVER, thier BOXES are of the best quality that I have found, and EXCELLENT for moving & storage. If you get your hands on some, flatten them for a day when you can use them. Can't beat the triple walled construction.

Ok... I noticed also in some of the pics, that there was 3 areas of the side of the drive bays on the case that was a little thin.... corrected that too.... Here is a before/after comparison...

BEFORE:
Painted6.jpg

AFTER:
Painted6-take2.jpg

[EDIT] Here are 4 more pics (none new)... just threw them together for before/after comparison....
BEFORE (Pre-cutting)
precutting1.jpg

AFTER
Painted1.jpg

BEFORE (Pre-cutting)
precutting3.jpg

AFTER
Painted3.jpg

[/EDIT]

Well, I did ANOTHER round of touch up painting last night..... Also, I FINALLY got the Motherboard rear shield masked off (had to use a razor blade to get all the stupid cat hair out of it, lol)... Sprayed that one this morning.

Sadly, The assembly will likely be done on Wednesday.... I work from 07:00-23:59 the next two days, then I have family stuff all day Tuesday for christmas, and then my day off FINALLY on Wednesday.

wow you work a ridiculous schedule... what do you do that you work for so long?

also can't wait to see it done. it's gonna look phenomenal.

2 different jobs..... 07:00-12:00 at part time place, 13:00-23:59 at the full time place.... so yeah, I have to work till Midnight on Christmas Eve..... and midnight on new years eve to..... sucks huh?

at the full time place, yes. In a 24x7x356 call center..... I work on frame relay & ATM circuits. Pay is great, hours suck.... Thats life. The other place is a small butcher shop/deli...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom