Seagate ST3750330AS 750GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Does anybody know wether this hard drive is very good ? Seagate ST3750330AS 750GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm *32MB Cache* - OEM - Ebuyer

Im just getting fed up with my 200GB drive because i run out of space daily, deleting stuff each day.

I herd that bigger capacity drives use more power aswell, ive got a Hiper Typ-m 550W along with one optical drive, my 200Gb hd and E6850 and 8800GTS with 2gigs of ram. It will have enough power won't it ?

Will the 32mb of cache give me any noticeable performance boost ?

Any other, better hard drives please tell me.

Cheers.

KMAN Seagate drives are the best hard drives out there, end of.

Will the 32mb of cache give a noticable boost? i dont know but it certainly cant hurt can it? end of day £130 isnt bad for a 750GB hdd and lets face it you wont need to buy another hdd after you got that one.

I wouldnt worry about power usuage either, i cant imagine it being THAT much more than a 200-300GB drive

Thanks jonny. Any ideas of the available disk space after it's been formatted with windows xp ?

Also, i don't need to set up anything because it will be my 2nd hard drive, i just plug it in and install stuff on the correct directory for that hard drive ?

i.e. instead of C: install it on D: ?

To give you some idea ive got a 300GB seagate barracuda and ive got 256GB of free space right now.
Alot of that is my stuff obviously so the actual windows xp install isnt going to use much of your space at all.
Ive got xp pro by the way

I would recommend the Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb

It's pretty much the fastest 7200rpm drive out at the moment...

However, Seagate has a 5 year warranty while the Samsung only has 2 years...which is a thing to consider when buying a HDD, since that's one of the only pieces of hardware you might actually keep around for awhile (apart from your PSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom