Advice on this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of thise two I would go with the asus. The acer might have a bigger l2 cache but asus is the way to go. I worked for a company called Altex Electronics and acer was all we sold in the time I worked there I saw and heard nothing but bad complaints. The asus laptop would probably be a lot better built than the acer. Just a thought.

normally people only call to complain...
rarely does anyone call a company just to say the lappy is AWESOME!

normally people only call to complain...
rarely does anyone call a company just to say the lappy is AWESOME!

No we did tech work on them and alot of the ones that I saw got sold eneded coming back with problems. I know that the happy people are not going to come in and say thanks fot the great laptop. I just seemed the majorty that I saw get sold came back to our techs to get fixed for one reason or another. Acer does have a decent warranty as do most computer companys. It's just better not to have to get waranty work done when you don't have to.

This seems pretty nice too:

Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3KA-X2 NoteBook AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58(1.90GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB DDR2 667 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 - Retail

Drop in an extra gig of RAM and it seems quite nice for the price as well. Not sure about going AMD, though it's 1.9 which is faster than the 1.5 I posted on the acer above. Right now I'd say I'm between this and my original:

NCIX.com - Buy Acer 5720-6279 Core 2 Duo T5250 ATI 2600 512MB 2GB 200GB 15.4IN WXGA DVDRW Vista Premium Notebook - LX.AMC0X.086 In Canada.

The acer does have a much bigger L2 cache though....

Aaarghh! So hard to choose....

go with the ASUS, they are my favorite brand in Laptops, Ibuypower/Cyberpower second place and Dell for 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom