Evaluate My First Build Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefined

In Runtime
Hi - I have this build I'd like to show you guys. I already have a keyboard/mouse + Ultra V-Series 500W Power Supply (@ 12V, 28A) + Firewire/USB PCI card + 200GB Maxtor HD + 22" monitor Samsung already.

This is what I'm looking to purchase. I don't want to spend above 600, really.

Wish list details

I'm new to building a PC so I just put this together. I have heard this case is a good case as far as airflow, which is why I'm getting it. Do I need to do anything else for this system to run properly?

Looks like a nice build for under $500. The 900 is a good case although the wiring is a little fussy but overall I am fairly impressed with it and at that price I am sure you will be too.

what are you going to use it for?

the Biostar motherboard is not a true AM2+ board. And I don't think the Nforce 560 chipset is particularly great.
If you want an AM2+ board, I'd recommend the MSI K9A2-CF (790X chipset)

or if you just want a normal AM2 board, I'd recommend one with an Nforce 570 or 590 chipset.
The 570 has the same features as the 590, but with less PCI-E lanes. But, it's significantly cheaper.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Are the LEDs on the case always on? Is there anyway to turn them off, so there is no light coming from the case?

ummm, its the front fan that has the blue led. It doesnt look to bright at all so it shoudlnt be a problem.
Although I would buy some more fans since you can have upto 7.
The top 2 and side fans can have 140mm fans, then you can add one on the bottom next to the psu thats a 120mm slot. Then you can add a 80mm fan behind the mobo tray too.
Just make sure you buy fans with low dba so they're not too loud, and also have a high cfm which is the amount of airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom