i just found this PSU today, but 72A on 4 12v rails? That a bit much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 520 Watt Power supply such as the Corsair HX would power it fine...
But of course you always want to leave alot of room for upgrades and new builds en such...

ya thats true, but in this case i wont upgrade for a long time after i get two the HD 3870 x2's n Phenom 9900.

Apokalipse, the 520w from Corsair i chose before, says that it probably wouldnt be enough to power 4 GPUs: HD 3870 x2's in Crossfire but the GPUs r built on 55nm fabric processing, so the power consumption should be low but how low idk. How many watts it consumes we dont know yet but from seeing the HD 3870s consume way lower then the G92 at most times is unbelievable.

to end me making PSU question threads, which PSU do u recommend me getting?

anyways, all an all, the real difference from the 600w n 700w is nothing much, but last thing im concern is the electric bill going higher because of the 100 extra watts. If no differ then ill get the 700w but 600w seems to be enough.

There is no difference between a 1000 watt psu and a 500 watt psu on the power bill if you only use 400 watts. If a psu says it is a 1000 watts, that is what it does max. If you are only using 400 watts, then it puts out 400 watts, and that is what you will pay for on the power bill.

How many watts it consumes we dont know yet but from seeing the HD 3870s consume way lower then the G92 at most times is unbelievable.
ATI recommends 75w power connector per card. So since you plan on running 2 cards, a safe bet would be to count on 150w for you 2 cards.

There is no difference between a 1000 watt psu and a 500 watt psu on the power bill if you only use 400 watts. If a psu says it is a 1000 watts, that is what it does max. If you are only using 400 watts, then it puts out 400 watts, and that is what you will pay for on the power bill.

ohhhhhhhhhh....................

ok then last question, which one? The HIPER or XCLIO?

Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4M630 ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91 630W Power Supply 100 - 240 V cUL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 700W ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240V / 200 -240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Avoid the xclio, when I was looking at PSUs I found several reviews that showed them being TERRIBLE on ripple tests.

Personally I have a Hiper and it works flawlessly and is very quiet.

Avoid the xclio, when I was looking at PSUs I found several reviews that showed them being TERRIBLE on ripple tests.

Personally I have a Hiper and it works flawlessly and is very quiet.

Do not read Newegg reviews. People who write them are, for lack of a better word, retarded.

Xclio is fine... Sure there are better, but the brand is one of the best "Bang for your Buckers."

Do not read Newegg reviews. People who write them are, for lack of a better word, retarded.

Xclio is fine... Sure there are better, but the brand is one of the best "Bang for your Buckers."

agreed. Alright, ill get the Xclio n stop making PSU asking threads lol.

Dude.

Why not get the Corsair HX520W.....it's all you need.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

If you are only using 400 watts, then it puts out 400 watts, and that is what you will pay for on the power bill.

Well the point you are trying to make is correct, but that statement isn't quite true. You've forgotten about PSU efficiency. Currently, most high quality PSUs are about 85% efficient at best...which means 400 watts would really use 460w of power :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom