i just found this PSU today, but 72A on 4 12v rails? That a bit much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4M630 ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91 630W Power Supply 100 - 240 V cUL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

no reviews yet but good idea or bad idea?

for those of u who dont know, im gonna get 2 HD 3870 x2's next year: one probably in late February n another Q3 2008. I'm also gonna get the 9900 or so Phenom B3 stepping too.

here r some others that i found:

Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB/CE/CSA/UL/FCC - Retail

Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB, CE, CSA, UL, FCC - Retail

EDIT:

added list of PSUs to choose from, trying to stay on budget! $1200 max.

Hiper is a trusted PSU brand, (*you double posted btw) but you can never have too much PSU amperage

Hiper is a trusted PSU brand, (*you double posted btw) but you can never have too much PSU amperage

u better be right. Sry but Firefox is acting like crap right now. Hope the mods delete them.

i just added 3 new PSUs on the list to choose from.

EDIT:

im trying to find the best PSU with low cost, high quality, n at least 600w or so n i found these 3 so far.

u better be right.

What kinda Crap is that? "You better be right" Or what???
Don't take demanding tones with people who are trying to help.

Did you EVEN bother to actually look at the power supply guide at this forum?

<Linked in signature>

Had you read it you would know any of the ones you linked would be FINE.

<Linked in signature>

except the ripple prone GameXStream :D

<Linked in signature>

yes i looked at the guide first as a matter of fact. I'm just in a stress mode is all n i apologize. I excepted to already order my parts but i need my dad to have a say so.

anyways, all an all, the real difference from the 600w n 700w is nothing much, but last thing im concern is the electric bill going higher because of the 100 extra watts. If no differ then ill get the 700w but 600w seems to be enough.

EDIT:

the HIPER 630w is exactly what i need. It has the 8pin n enough amps. I may order this one n if it dies or is DOA on me, ill be sure to let u guys know.

that GameXStream 600w is rebate of $10, n i like lower prices for higher performance.

gosh i sound like an idiot....... X(

A 520 Watt Power supply such as the Corsair HX would power it fine...
But of course you always want to leave alot of room for upgrades and new builds en such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom