eVGA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I did, so save $100 and get the GT. I have that exact same card, FarCry free and runs everything in FarCry MAX Detail and not one little sticky.

Go with the GT, and then Overclock. You will have to find out how to enable the overclocking feature if you get it and OC it. Post if you get it and I will tell you how to enable Overclocking.

A couple more questions does this card support DirectX9.0c and why is it that the GpU clock on the GT is less than my current card yet it gets better frames? My card has a gpu clocked at 430mhz.:confused:

NanoWarrior said:
A couple more questions does this card support DirectX9.0c and why is it that the GpU clock on the GT is less than my current card yet it gets better frames? My card has a gpu clocked at 430mhz.:confused:

Yes they support DX 9.0c. The answer to question 2 is because they change in the memory (I think). 6800's have GDDR3 which is faster and better that DDR.

1. actually DirectX 9.0c will be built around the 6800, to incorporate smartshader 3.0

2. the 6800 destroys even the 9800 XT; the clock speed is lower than the 5900, but it's not necessarily the clock speed that shows performance, it's how many instructions it can complete per clock cycle - Intel learned this the hard way against AMD

1. actually DirectX 9.0c will be built around the 6800, to incorporate smartshader 3.0

yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom