Q6600 and Orthos not getting along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes FSB voltage is what you want to bump.

Also I really wouldn't suggest running an unstable puter. If your temps are fine then there's no downside to bumping up the vcore a few notches.

Yes FSB voltage is what you want to bump.

Also I really wouldn't suggest running an unstable puter. If your temps are fine then there's no downside to bumping up the vcore a few notches.

er there is a downside in that it will lower the lifespan by pumping more volts throught the chip

I've been incrementally raising the voltage and think I've got it stable now at 1.48v, northbridge/fsb voltage is +1, temps are no higher than mid sixties on my core 0, and mid to high fifties on the other cores.

Tomorrow I think I'll get my ram timings back down to at least 4-4-4-12 but for now I'm gonna call it a night. Thanks to all who helped.

I have had it with stress test programs..!!
Bah.

NO matter what clock, no matter the Vcore, no matter what other settings I change, they all return errors under 2 hours.

Yet, SMP Folding runs fine and I can play all the games I want.
bah, whatever Im done..

no one really knows that, especially with the new chips...

We can say with 99% certainty that your chip will last for years to come, pretty much regardless of how you treat it.

I mean seriously, show me a single instance where someone has fried a Core 2 chip from overclocking.

We can say with 99% certainty that your chip will last for years to come, pretty much regardless of how you treat it.

I mean seriously, show me a single instance where someone has fried a Core 2 chip from overclocking.

Theres a huge differance between a chip getting fried from overclocking and a chip losing more then half of its already unknown lifespan from too much voltage. We don't really know the results of either much like the long term side affects of new drugs are the market aren't really known either. Please don't convey the image that we know everything and all the risks associated, because we simply don't. Thats why any good overclocking guide always has the "Use at your own risk" stamp on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom