Did i short it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well is it still working?? i don't think it would short if its not turned on... were you wearing socks.. did you discharge static by rubbing on your case for a little?

coulda jsut been the cpu brackets popping into place

Remove the watch battery on the system board and power to the case. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds or so then put the battery back on and power on the system. What happens?

sounds like a typical asus problem.. what kind of board do you have

take out the cmos battery, and put the cmos jumper pins into the reset cmos position and leave it that way for a while..i had to leave it that way for about 4 hours.. lol came back put everything back in and it was working just fine

Static is a myth. I wear wool socks, pet my cats and work on my computer on the carpet and have never fried anything. Oh wait, except for that 680i board, er actually no thats just because nvidia makes crappy boards. If you are getting hung up at the bios splash screen i would do the cmos reset first. 2nd option is to get a board made by gigabyte or abit instead of asus ;)

^LOL^
i've built all my rigs on carpet.
while dragging my feet across it heh, not really.
but i do build and work on them on carpet, no prob.

Ya i was joking about the wool socks and petting my cat, but i do all my work on the carpet, seeing as my entire apt is carpetted i dont have much choice. Just make sure you touch the bare metal on the case before touching any components.

lol, i've spent the last 2 weeks working on carpet (my workshop is under reno) to build three systems from a wide bank of parts, must have swapped in a dozen cpus, half dozen vid cards, few mobos, few hds etc...no static issues at all. but was able to piece together 3 working systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom