Custom install CD.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagadka

In Runtime
I was just wondering if it was possible to burn a custom installation CD consisting of WIndows 98 and WIndows XP Pro/Home....like choosing which OS to install on booting from the CD and the appropriate installation starts.....

Any ideas...?

i'm sure it could be done as long as both OSes fit on a single cd.. you could probably just use a batch file that calles the appropriate setup executable. i'll look into it more..

Thanks

Well both of them fit onto one cd...I don't get it how to make it bootable into say DOS if needed and also install the OSes from choosing options from menu...

There is a Product that I believe is called FBI Agent or something like that ,, it is the APP that compaq and other PC manufacturers use when shipping pre-imaged machines,,

Havent looked for it,, but basically you start the machine, make your choice of OS,, and then hit OK,, it does the rest,, asking for the setup cd etc,,

on the lines of a restore,, but totally self automated,,

Just a thought,,,

Here's my solution.. just use Nero to burn a bootable CD with the attached IMA as your floppy image. Put the contents of \Win98 from your 98se CD in a directory called "98se" on the cd, and put the entire contents of your XP cd in \XP. When you boot, you'll get a menu asking which Windows you'd like to install. If you want to customize it, extract the IMA using WinImage and make whatever changes you like.

Attachments

• cat2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom