same OS, New computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Ok, I think remember from somewhere that you can use the same serial on new mobo/computer, by calling MS and tell them that you upgraded mobo/computer as long as you've got full retail version not oem or academic versions
True?
if so whats the number to call?

on a side note, I am thinking of just sticking another 1 gb of ram in there, because vista just uses so much memory! plus I am a "loose woman" about firefox tabs, I've got a lot of them opened at anytime, last night I nearly maxxed out my 2 gbs opening few tabs with a lot of wallpapers

thoughts on 1gb x3? versus (1gb x2) + (512mb x2)
plus
how does memory reacts to same ram speeds, but different brands?
happy? or :(?

It is technically illegal to use the same serial on a new machine. In which case we can not give you the answer to your first question. But i bet i fyou tried real hard you would figure it out. Considering when you are prompted to activate Vista/XP they give you ALL this info.

ahh, ok, so it is still possible, but its the hush hush type of info ehhhhh

ok, any thoughts on ram then? I only gots 32 bit :(
too stupid lool, shoulda gotten 64

EricB, what's that all about?

Anyway, my computer has basically been three or four different computers over the years with all the upgrades including motherboards and such, and MS will give you grief about it, but it's not like you're going to use that one copy of windows on more than one pc at a time right? I don't think it's logical that every time you get a new piece of hardware you have to slap an extra 100-200 bucks on top of that for a new OS. So let em know that it's the same computer just upgraded and it'll be all fine.

EricB, what's that all about?

Anyway, my computer has basically been three or four different computers over the years with all the upgrades including motherboards and such, and MS will give you grief about it, but it's not like you're going to use that one copy of windows on more than one pc at a time right? I don't think it's logical that every time you get a new piece of hardware you have to slap an extra 100-200 bucks on top of that for a new OS. So let em know that it's the same computer just upgraded and it'll be all fine.

I'm joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom