Buying new computer - $1000 limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicsilver87

Baseband Member
So christmas is around the corner and what better time to buy a new computer than now...so before i had planned on building my own PC and had all the parts and specs planned out to buy but my family is uncomforatable with me building it since ive never built one before and i dont know how to build one =p so we are deciding on just buying a new computer and this is where i need your guys help. What computer can i buy for $900-1000 MAX price that includes a monitor and has good specs for gaming...i thought about buying a PC from dell but thier video cards sux ...so im outa ideas...

Learn how to build one, it's not hard. See if you can persuade your family somehow. Maybe show them tutorials on how to build, or explain what each part is and what it does, and how to install it. Basically demonstrate you know your way around the computer you have now. If they still doubt you, try playing a "why can't you have faith in me?" card. :p

Is this your own money? If it is, just tell your family that..

Everyone forgot about Yahoo!... anyways here's one of the many tutorials out there. Might even be some in this forum under...tutorials.
A link thanks to Vernong1992
Build a System: Page 1

A quick read through I noticed there's no mention of thermalpaste.
When installing the cpu cooler you need to apply some thermalpaste on the cpu. There are different ways in doing so like just a tiny dot in the middle, a line in the middle or just a thin layer over the cpu.
Arctic silver 5 is very common and recommended.
Arctic MX-2 seems to be the best at the moment.

its simple :)
just plug in stuff, if it don't fit, it doesn't go there
if you got any questions, we are more than happy to help
I built mine, that I am using right now with no prior building experience also
just take your time and you will be fine
some pointers are

make sure you ground yourself before touching any components. (rub yourself against metal) or get one of those 3 dollar anti static bands

if the vga card don't fit, don't carve the slot to make it fit ;)

make sure everything is plugged in firmly

got questions? ask! this forum is probably better than any technical support you will get from dell.

you have given us your budget, how about the size monitor you want?
big price difference between 20 inch and 24 lol,
bigger monitor= less $$ for your computer components

Haha, you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to plug in components. My neighbor didn't even know how to install a new video card, which takes all of 5 minutes.

Also, I recommend building one, it's not hard, most of it is plug stuff in, start it up, and them install drivers. Simple as that, unless you go to the overclocking stuff, that takes some skill and knowledge or you will break something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom