Sad Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reformated 5 times when i built this rig, so yeah but i think if you cant uninstall from control panel, then another format is in order. That way you can isolate which driver it is.

Alright, I removed them via control panel, and i've been putting them back in, except the IDE and Sound. Im back at normal resolution but its funky, if I try and move up or down a page, it's moves extremely slowly.

It sounds like a graphics problem if you can't change resolutions. Make sure you have up to date drivers, and make sure your card is seated correctly. Also, try using one or the other sticks of RAM. Don't get flustered! I had to reinstall about 5-6 times to get my last system working correctly, and it took about 2 days.

Resolutions are back to normal and I get a good picture, but I can't run anything. I got the up to date drivers from it. My next option will be trying the RAM one at a time.

Id have run memtest, but I don't understand how it works, im not that computer savy, which is why this little ordeal is getting to me ;p

....Are you using Vista?

Windows XP pro -32bit

Thanks much for all the help, im seeing what I can do. My buddy knows a lot more about this then me, and he is the one who has the OS will reformat for me and try again. Im really hoping I just have to RMA the RAM, then i'll upgrade to Crucial Ballistix I suppose. If there's something wrong with the video card i'll be crying, They won't have more eVGA 8800GT Superclocked for awhile.

Huzzah !!!

Got it all working again, got all new drivers off the website instead of from the discs. Any further problems would have to be hardware :D

I avoided the IDE, but I got the sound off the website, nothing from the disc that came with the mobo.

Right now im just seeing if it'll crash while online, at first all seemed well till I crashed online a few times. Next i'll just play a game, Doom 3 or something, that also caused crashes.

Hrmm... Alright, playing doom 3 for about 10 minutes and the game just turned off.

The original problems aren't there, but something still isn't right. It let me play at max settings, and when I got the driver for the video card off NVidia website it read the card I had and told me what to download.

so, idk if thats GPU, or ram like you guys said.

Image is crystal clear.

EDIT: Hrm, it turs out (this time at least) Search and Destroy kept turning on and turning into a non responsive program, I had 3 of them running (Which I didn't turn on myself) taking up 50% cpu power. After turning them off through processes, I ran Doom3 for almost an hour perfectly fine, no other problems since either.

This is by far my most confusing build yet >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom