Difference between q6600 and q9450?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg has been shipping whatever they have and so its sorta luck to get a G0 stepping. The only place that I know of that sell a guaranteed G0 is ClubIT.

ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775 Processor OEM HH80562PH0568M SLACR

I have also thought about upgrading my graphics cards but just don't feel the need right now. I might after the holidays to see how much money I have left. Being a poor college student sucks sometimes.

WTF, i just checked earlier and it was oos.
well i got it from newegg, and the pic showed that its a g0 slacr.
Check it out.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hopefully it is the right one. If not, you can always RMA it back to them and get another.

What sort of cooler are you going to use for it?

Hopefully it is the right one. If not, you can always RMA it back to them and get another.

What sort of cooler are you going to use for it?

i have a tuniq tower with mx-2 paste and i have the CM -690 case....and i live in mn:D ...so no temp worries for me.

LOL. I live in New York so temperature right now is not bad either. When I oc I open my windows and blow a fan at my computer just to be sure it gets nice and cold.

LOL. I live in New York so temperature right now is not bad either. When I oc I open my windows and blow a fan at my computer just to be sure it gets nice and cold.

lol..its been ok this week, but snowy last 2 weeks.
but you wanna make sure that even after you oc temps are stable.
I think ill be fine, i hope.

Im just wondering if its gonna be an effort taking out the tuniq and puttig it back in, cos it was hard routing some of my wires.
Im also worried about packing the 8800ultra with the aftermarket cooler, ill have to be careful.

What I've learned so far is that if you don't feel comfortable doing it then you probably shouldn't without getting help. The chilltec is just a huge thing that bolts on so I didn't have many problems.

The weather this weekend when I'm flying home is supposed to be bad up here. I hope I can get home for the holidays.

What I've learned so far is that if you don't feel comfortable doing it then you probably shouldn't without getting help. The chilltec is just a huge thing that bolts on so I didn't have many problems.

The weather this weekend when I'm flying home is supposed to be bad up here. I hope I can get home for the holidays.

well i hooked up the tuniq my self...with some effort so im pretty sure i can take it out and put it bak on.
WEll finals will be over tomorrow so ill have enough time on my hands.

Heh the tuniq uses thumbscrews right? Another reason i love my TRUE, it actually uses real screws. I've gotten pretty good at installing it now. I usually just tape the screw to the screwdriver until i get it started then yank the tape out. As far as weather goes, its supposed to start snowing again today. 4 day weekend woo, gonna try to get up to the mountains at least twice this weekend.

Heh the tuniq uses thumbscrews right? Another reason i love my TRUE, it actually uses real screws. I've gotten pretty good at installing it now. I usually just tape the screw to the screwdriver until i get it started then yank the tape out. As far as weather goes, its supposed to start snowing again today. 4 day weekend woo, gonna try to get up to the mountains at least twice this weekend.

wel im not surprised that your familiar with it...you have taken that thing out numerous times.
I hope i dont have to go through that.
I hope all my temps are stable.
Core temp doesnt work with vista 64bit so ill hae to rely on everest and speedfan to check each of the cores.

i've had around 3 feet of snow in about a week. and we don't have a reason to keep heat on in the upstairs or in the basement cause nobody uses the basement, and we only go upstairs to sleep, so either upstairs or in the basement is always pretty chilly so I do all my computer work there. veedub, you gonna do some skiing/boarding out in the colorado area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom