evGA 8800GT/GTS cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I'm planning to get a new graphics card for Christmas; but I'm quite confused with all the different 8800GTS/GT cards out there. I've seen at least 6 different 8800GTS cards.......... and I've read that the GT is a better card than the GTS to get......... Does anybody have a reliable link to the order of the 8800 cards from best to worse? Or anybody know which GTS and GT ones are the best (Include Model Number).

Thanx a lot in advance.

My graphics card is the biggest weakness of my system :(

for the 8800gts you want the 512mb version, as its the newest, w 128 stream processors, its currently on par w/ the gtx for less money

the older 8800gts w/ 640/320mb's are the worst 8800's out at the moment they use the old g80 core, while the 512mb ones use the new g92 core

the 8800gt is just a little bit below the 8800gts maybe a 5-10% difference nothing big

so if you wanna save money, you could do more than well w/ the 8800gt 512mb

Just avoid any cards with 320 or 640mb of memory as they are the older cards on the g80 chip. For a 19" monitor a GT 512 will probably be plenty of card. If you plan to get a bigger monitor, 20+ then i would get the GTS 512.

I'm planning to stay with my Viewsonic VX922 monitor (love it).

I've looked at 2 cards so far, the 8800GT KO, and the 8800GTS (G92). What's the difference between those 2 cards? I've read up some links on the internet, and many have said the 8800GTS is a WAY better card than the 8800GT KO (many are selling there KO card to get the new 8800GTS)............ I'm gonna buy my new Video card in 3-4 days.

It all depends, most likely an 8800GT will be fine for you. But if you want to spend the extra money you will get a little bit more performance from an 8800gts. It's pretty much the same card, but with a few more shaders, a little faster speeds, and a dual slot cooler. I found the extra performance to be worth it, so thats why I got one.

Yep i just installed my new GTS cards tonight. Compared to my GT its freaking silent. Also if you pick up the evga card it comes with crysis which is worth about 30 bucks.

Thx a lot,

I'm going with the GTS card then, gonna buy it in 2 days.
Yea, it does come with Crysis; and it only cost a little bit more.

ive been on the same boat as you and decided to get the gts 512.
I'll be buying it in a few days too. I already have an ultra, but im selling it so i can get a brand new evga caard then step up in feb.
Plus, i upgraded my dual core to a quad, so i should be gaining performance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom