need help reformating x38 mf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
i need help reformating my comp i got my new asus maximus formula, and it wil, boot but it never gives me the option to reformat on boot, it asked if i wanted to go into safe mode thats about it, xp does load up but because of the new mobo i have no mouse control either so i cant even get on my account tk back up files, my original plan was to go into the reformat part but instead repair xp so i could recocer my files, and then reformat. but i dont get either option. im not sure if its showing up or the system is just to fast. what do i do to reformat it.

Make sure you have the windows disk in the drive before the pc boots up. It usually asks to press any key to boot from CD, so immediately after you press the power button start pressing random keys.

If that doesn't work, try to get into the mobo's bios so you can set your optical drive as the primary boot device.

Failing that, try installing windows on a secondary hard drive (if you have one) that doesn't already have an OS on it, then back up your files, and format your main drive from there.

i called asus, the lady was trying to say the ide conection on this board wont support dvd drives onlu hdd which is a load of crap she then said i need a sata dvd rom, which is also probably a load of crap

Doing a fresh install of windows effectively formats the hard drive, that's what's being referring to. It's impossible to format your C: drive by using the utility built into windows.

im trying to format it not thru windows and i cant do it i think i do need the sata rom the more i go on, but at the same time i dont wana waste any more cash.

yes i have the disk and yes its set to boot from dvd rom, it just always skips thru to the hdd, which is sata, i dont get why they yould give u the capability to use a ide hdd considering how old and uncomon it is, but they will only let me use a sata dvd rom. (im on my wii and it takes a really long time to type so im sorry for spelling mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom