Uninstalling Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I tried out Office 2007 Enterprise edition. I liked it, but couldn't afford it at the time. i went back to my Office 2003.

I finally decided to get my 2003 up to date, but I have a problem. MS won't let me update because I have an expired version of 2007 on my computer. i have tried to uninstall it, but it won't... says something about not supporting the language. I have tried to delete it, and it won't do it. I have emailed MS, but (as usual) they have not responded.

So... I need a way to get it uninstalled SAFELY. Should I go with a third-party uninstalling utility, or is there a way to do it thrugh 2007?

do you still have the 2k7 software? that's how I uninstalled when was messing with some betas/trials

if you don't have, these might help you ;)

deleting reg keys
Delete the following registry keys if present:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Delivery\SourceEngine\Downloads\*0FF1CE}-*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*0FF1CE*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ose
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\*F01FEC
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\*F01FEC
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\*F01FEC
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Win32Assemblies\*Office12*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\*F01FEC
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\*F01FEC

Find and delete all keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall with a valuename of UninstallString that contains a value with *\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe*

or Microsoft KB method
How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature

Looks like I am going to go with Office 2007. I will uninstall both 2003 and 2007 before I try it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom