im ordering today, one last check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys. Just to let u know, i havent ordered my parts yet, n my dad isnt very happy about what im trying to do. He doesnt see what im gonna do with all this processing power for except games. He kept on mentioning about getting a computer for cheap like $500 or less from Dell or Alienware.

basically, he is not convinced to help me get the computer parts n y he should help, what the benefits r for building such an expensive computer. Idk what to say except that i can OC. I havent showed him the parts yet in my shopping cart on newegg but even then, idk what to say to convince him to help.

guys got any suggestions? I have until Friday to convince him to help me get the parts i want for my computer.

EDIT:

as for the Phenom, like i said, im not gonna get any of the B2 stepping because of the errata bug. I'm gonna get either the 9900 or up (FX) when they come out. Gives me more time to get the money for the Phenom AND an HD 3870 x2.

tell him you can fold@home.... it can help you in productivity... say you wanna learn how to graphic design.. use photoshop and whatnot..

and not only that.. it'll help burn cd's fasters, obviusly play games better...

let him know it'll be able to do everythihng for the next 4 years, and that you'llnever ask for anything else.. lol

tell him you can fold@home.... it can help you in productivity... say you wanna learn how to graphic design.. use photoshop and whatnot..

and not only that.. it'll help burn cd's fasters, obviusly play games better...

let him know it'll be able to do everythihng for the next 4 years, and that you'llnever ask for anything else.. lol

i did tell him that if i upgrade now, i will never have a chance in the future when i get my driver's license, a car, car insurance, college, etc. I dont pay for anything except my college books. I did say that i wont have to fully upgrade for another 3-4 yrs but that didnt work. I'm gonna have to mention about OCing n how it will help me keep up with faster tech but idk, he doesnt care.

see the point i made before was...............he doesnt see y i need all that power n see's it as a waste because all i will do is just game. You know what, who give a **** if i play games, i am planning on getting Photoshop for some time now n my major being Graphics Technology, he's gonna see that i need a powerful computer to run rendering software i just dont have the software yet. My career goal is to be a Game Animator, or something with game animation.

he is stuck with the now n not the future, n he is cheap n im sick of it. I'm serious, if he doesnt agree with helping me with my purchase, then i would rather not get anything for Christmas n just collect more money until i purchase the whole **** computer myself!!!!!!!

jsut tell him, hey fine.. then just give me the money you woulda spent on a cheaper 500 dollar computer, and i'll get the rest myself!!!

exactly!!!! But he wont give it to me is what the problem is! He cant let it go without me convincing him y n my mom says i should show him what im getting since visual learning is best imo.

FYI, i am the most respectful child out of everyone in my family to my parents n this just isnt ****ing fair. I'm gonna go talk to my mother right now, im getting stressed.

EDIT:

i got over $600 to pay in bills n almost $1200 in savings.

lol i'll record you a video of my computer in action

haha thats close enough in terms of performance :p

show em boot up times.... game performance, photoshop load time... load time w/ high resolution photo's w/ dpi's over 600 dots per inch... transfer rates of files over 1gb... memory benchmarks.. 3d render benchmarks.. heck i'll even download some 3d rendering programs to see what we can do for you

decompression times.. you name it, i'll record it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom