Difference between q6600 and q9450?

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't know that the g92 had better cooling.. interesting. yeah I'm not sure if the egg guarantee g0 stepping. you might want to have a quick chat with the newegg sales reps to see if they guarantee it.

and i think zipzoomfly guarantees g0 stepping, but not 100%

veedub, how many of the gts' did you get so far just the one?

Nope, just opened one of the GTS's and its just in a paper sleeve with the key on the back.

alright, but im guessing that will sell for atleast 30 bucks hopefully.
I guess im in a debate between the gt and gts still.

But apok said that if i have a quad and a gt, it will be a little better performance than a c2d with an ultra. Ive also seen someone with 15k over here with a quad and gt.
so i guess im looking more towards the gt, since i really want to save money.
Heres the gt:
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N802-A1 GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Card does look slick imo, compared to the big and chunky ones out right now.

I'll miss my ultra though :(

didn't know that the g92 had better cooling.. interesting. yeah I'm not sure if the egg guarantee g0 stepping. you might want to have a quick chat with the newegg sales reps to see if they guarantee it.

and i think zipzoomfly guarantees g0 stepping, but not 100%

veedub, how many of the gts' did you get so far just the one?

hered the q6600 from newegg:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - OEM
check the pic, it says slackr on it, so pls let me know what you guys think?

And zzf is out of oem quads, only retail which i dont need since i ahve the tuniq.

Dunno...but a lot of people who are buying the 8800GT int he UK are getting a nice surprise:

evgafanru2-redflagdeals.jpg

Most of the company's that make the GT have said they dont plan to use the the new fan for a while. My guess is that they have a ton of the old reference coolers to get rid of first. As far as the GTS 512, its a dual slot where as the GT is only a single slot with a very whiney fan.

BTW, i bought 2 GTS :p

Most of the company's that make the GT have said they dont plan to use the the new fan for a while. My guess is that they have a ton of the old reference coolers to get rid of first. As far as the GTS 512, its a dual slot where as the GT is only a single slot with a very whiney fan.

BTW, i bought 2 GTS :p

lol veedub, i do know you bought 2 of the gts, and if you could buy more, im pretty sure you would. Although you will be stepping up which is pretty much my plan too.

but from the link i provided from newegg, is that the g0 stepping? pls look at the pic and read what it says on the cpu.

But right now, im confused between the gt and gts 512...
gt smaller but you say bad fan...gts bigger which is ok since i have the ultra and better cooling which i like a lot.

So im moving more towards the gts, and then ofcouse stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom