AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait.. you got the mobo today, or the cpu!!!!! man i went to fry's the other day and saw the phenoms there.. i nearly wet my pants...

i don't know what it is about amd.. but i get way more stoked over their parts than intels... no idea why... :) guess i just love amd!

i got the mobo, not the CPU. I'll a Phenom, either the 9900 or up, when B3 stepping processors come out. For now, ill just get the 5000+ black edition n OC the crap out of it.

i need that 6800, i want to game again so badly :(.

In just a few short years AMD will no longer exist. AMD will be bought by either, "Samsung or NVIDIA". Other possibles, although not probables would be "Microsoft and Google". The most likely would be Samsung. Which is Intels #1 threat.

AMD is on a downward spiral into bankruptcy and utter managerial collapse.
Matters are only made worse by Intel's continual pressure with top performing CPU's in all categories and their ability to price cut AMD further in to debt.

Anyway.

I own both AMD products as well as Intel Products. I own both ATI products as well as NVIDIA products. I'm not a fanboy either way.

"Let the quot-a-thon being."

there's no way that ATI/AMD will go out of business/get bought out by someone. Now that the merger is finalized they can get a business plan together and make it past the next year then prices will be pretty low for higher end parts and high quality with no bugs like the phenoms do now :(

I don't suppose you remember what happened even before the Pentium processors were out, do you?
this situation has happened before, and AMD is still alive and kicking.

This situation has not happened before. AMD at that time hadn't purchased a company like ATI for 5.4 Billion dollars. Which has been admittedly by AMD.. way too much.

This situation has not happened before. AMD at that time hadn't purchased a company like ATI for 5.4 Billion dollars. Which has been admittedly by AMD.. way too much.
They also didn't have nearly as many fabs as they do now, or the capability to produce high-end graphics cards and chipsets.

They also didn't have nearly as many fabs as they do now, or the capability to produce high-end graphics cards and chipsets.

True.

Don't worry Apokalipse. When AMD is chopped up and sold to the highest bidder, I'll personally hold you a mourning reception. Free beer for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom