Hyper Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, a friend of mine has a 2.8GHz Northwood processor . . .

with HT on, halo played ok . . .

but with HT off, it played awesomely

hmmm...interesting. so in order for ht to work it's best you should have what ever hardware it works best with? i guess it doesn't really matter because i've decided to build and AMD computer because of money issues... and i'm a hardcore gamer. :) thanks for that info on the h tran and h thread...looks like i'm gonna have to be a cpu with h tran.

apparently AMD are going to make dual core CPU's, so it is practically is 2 CPU's in 1. this should give you a better performance increase than Hyperthreading would

well.. hyper transport sounds like its the shit.. i want to do it.. if it makes all that alot better (what Microbell said n what not).. how can it be done.. or can it be done yet?

well, you have to buy the cpu that has it on there. you'll see the price change between and identical cpu with out h trans

Ohh.. well forget that, cuz i gotta buy my own upgrades, unless they changed christmas to July 25th... lol.. so im stickin with my upgrade 64 3400+.. it would be nice tho to have that

lol, christmas in july...i wonder what that would be like(gets a crazy idea to change the worlds holidays)hahahaha.

hahaha... i just need free parts for my upgradin.. lol.. xmas in july, lmao... my bday was in may, so that screws me over..

ouch...mines in october...if i don't have my comp built yet...maybe my parents will hook me up with some extra money...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom