8800GT overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayzerwulf

Baseband Member
Whenever I play CoD4 my computer either freezes & forces me to press restart, just restarts, or I get a bsod for a sec and then it crashes. It happens only when I play multiplayer CoD4.. not singleplayer or any other game. I check my gpu temps with the nvidia monitor before and during I play. Before I play it is at like 50-55C and during I play, it goes as high as 86C. I used a fan with my computer case open and it brought the temps down to like 74C while I play but it still crashed after around 15min of play. My video drivers are up to date so I don't think it's causing the problem. Is it for sure my videocard overheating or is it something else? I wanna play CoD4 alot but the crashing is getting very annoying :( .

My graphics card runs at 95 degrees C, idles at about 60 and it is overclocked, but I guess 86 degrees is normal, so its not overheating.

EDIT: 50-60 degrees is pretty normal for idle temps whereas anything up to 120 degrees is ok when you are running games or whatever. What OS are you?

singleplayer works fine, no problems at all.. it's multiplayer where my computer crashes after playing for awhile

your card is pretty hot. you might want to think about getting a third party cooler if you can afford it. the 8800GT is notorious for running hot.

also 120 is WAY to hot for anything to be running. you will really want to look into getting a third party cooler or working on your air flow to cool that down, cause if you don't then you will have a dead card sooner then later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom