1st Gaming Machine, Need Adivice

Status
Not open for further replies.
To save a bit of money on the case i recommend the Jean Tech Phong II . Its not as pretty as some of the more well known cases but imo it looks nice and it has a great build quality for the price

YouTube - The best way of using the running machine

It comes with a little tool kit with all the screws and rubber grommits things you'll ever need. There is a front 140mm fan and a 120mm back fan already installed with adjustable speed controls on the front - even on full they're very quiet. The intakes also have dust filters fitted, after 5 months of running in quite a dusty house mine still has no dust in it. Theres also a temperature meter on the front , although i don't know how much to trust the readings it gives.

Also as some have said got for the 8800gt instead of gtx , i think the 512mb will be enough unless you plan on running games at very high resolutions on a 24" + monitor.

And go for good a good make of ram (OCZ , corsair , kingston etc) but look for ones without the shiny heat sinks as it pushes up the price and unless you plan to over clock they won't be that useful.

As a vista user I'd recommend it , I've been using it for some months now and I honestly don't miss XP at all.

XP is cheaper for a quality OS. If you want vista then you get either go with vista business, home premium, or ultimate. if you get 4GB of ram then you'll have to go with ultimate to utilize all of it. really though get XP cause its more stable, faster and more friendly for the most part.

also for everybody who's debating vista vs xp go debate that somewhere else, not in this thread.

XP is cheaper for a quality OS. If you want vista then you get either go with vista business, home premium, or ultimate. if you get 4GB of ram then you'll have to go with ultimate to utilize all of it. really though get XP cause its more stable, faster and more friendly for the most part.

also for everybody who's debating vista vs xp go debate that somewhere else, not in this thread.

ooo now im confused!!

Why do you need Vista Ultimate to utilize 4gb of ram? I thought as long as it's 64bit it's ok, so home premium 64-bit can't do 4gb of ram?

because Vista Ultimate 32bit is the only 32bit OS that can natively support 4gb+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom