Vid Card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't upgrade a laptop's video card. It's not like upgrading the hard drive, RAM, or even processor. Get a desktop.

Unless you know what your doing don't attempt to upgrade a laptop's GFX card its hard to do an very hard to find the parts.

Isn't it possible to allocate more of your RAM to be shared with the video memory to therefore enhance the graphics cards capability?

Not sure, what laptop have you got. I will dig around for you an see what I can find.

Having said that I am sure you CAN NOT DO IT, but its worth a bit of googleing.

Chris - thank you. Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422.
It has 128mb dedicated graphics card, ATI Radeon X1200 and shares up to 319 total mb from system memory.

i wouldn't upgrade your laptops gpu. It is ver difficult to do and exspensive... ITs not like installing a desktop gpu. Each laptop has different variation of video cards that are different shapes and it will cost atleast twice the amount of a normal desktop gpu.

Well I am looking into building laptops as a way of making a living an the GFX card issue is a tough one, I agree with luke that you can't do it normaly an if you can its not a job for the faint of heart.

Jayce I am still googleing around for you nothing yet, I happen to sell that laptop at work an we got one returned this week so I will take a look myself at it if i don't find anything.

Jayce just out of interest an curiosity what version of the BIOS are you running? an are you having any problems with the screen or it randomly sending a active window to the task bar or are you experiencing problems with the built in mouse sometimes not wanting to move? There not common problems but checking my PDA I see i have two of your model in for repair an both have the same problem.

I'm not having any issues. But at the time I cannot check my BIOS version, I'll check back later.

I checked in with an IT instructor I have who said to me that typically if you could adjust those settings I asked about that it would be located in that docked ATI/Nvidia program that runs in the taskbar. I don't have anything ATI related running. I checked msconfig and I didn't see anything else listed there ATI related that I could re-enable. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom