New MoBoard & Processor SLOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeScooby

Solid State Member
Ok so I baught a House Brand Socket 478 mboard w/ Intel Celeron 2.8GHz Combo ,Celeron 2.8 GHz 128K 400Mhz. Now my last board was a athlon XP 1.1 gghz with a 300 FSB. and it seems to run way faster then this new one. I could hardly multitask sometimes, all my games seem to run slower. programs load slower. Whats going on??? No virus's no new bios updates, spyware etc.. Is this board and chip just plain garbage? I mean it is a 2.8.

Please help before I spend more money on another athlon.

Joe

umm 2.8's celorons are the lower end Intels, which I hope you knew. But still it should be faster than that 1.1. Did you re-format or make sure you motherboards bios is up to date?

Truthfully, i didnt know that. No one told me 2.8 celeron was the runt. The bios is updated drive reformatted. So its pretty much garbage huh?

Celerons are junk.

a 2.8ghz celeron is probably equal to about a 1.8 P4

a 2.8ghz celeron is about 90$

a 2.8ghz P4 is about 180$

twice the price but at least twice the performance

i wouldn't be suprised if the 1.1ghz athlon XP outperformed the 2.8 celeron--but it would be close

how much did you pay for it?

120 for the combo. I guess ill give it to my lil bro and buy another athlon. O well, i thought i was saving money, looks like im going to spend double of what i wanted to spend >=oI Im such a newb

JoeScooby said:
120 for the combo. I guess ill give it to my lil bro and buy another athlon. O well, i thought i was saving money, looks like im going to spend double of what i wanted to spend >=oI Im such a newb

120 is a good deal

because the processor alone is about 80-90

and i haven't ever seen a 30$ motherboard

but yes...if you're on a budget an Athlon XP 2500+ would serve you well, and can easily be overclocked to 3200+ with an aftermarket heatsink/fan

ok ive come down to my last 2 motherboard purchases then.

1) ASRock K7S8XE SiS 748 Chipset 400Mhz FSB DDR400 K78XSE
with cpu - ATHLON XP 3200+,2.2GHZ 400MHz thats 172 dollars.

next one is a lil more pricier, but within my budget

2)Via VT8753 2-DDRSlots w/ MegaFan HeavyDuty Fan CooperFan UltraFan or ThermalTake P4 Fan. with cpu - Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800 MHz FSB w/Heatsink & Fan thats 230 bucks

What I want to know is which one do you all think is better gaming setup Im talking like Farcry etc..? i know one is 3.0 and one is 2.2 but theres got to have somthing over the other one.

Thanks!!

P.s I tried playing farcry today, HA... i shouldnt of even tried..
i do have a 256mb 5700 nvidia AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom