Building a 3.06, Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the build went great, i dunno how i did it but i did

the only problem i had was getting my bios to read the HD but i just switched the jumper (i think thats what they are called) to master, i guess i missread the diagram or accidently but it in the wrong place the first time.

after that it was pretty much a breeze. for some reason my bios says the chassis and power supply fans are not spinning fast enough... the chassis fans im not worried about because now I have 5 in my comp. and the power supply does not seem to overheat, so i just put both on ignore.

i had a couple conflicts with my ATI card, so i just let windows install the default drivers which seem to work fine but im worried it may be affecting the video cards performance.

other than that the performance is great, from what i can tell. maybe i can get some pics up for you guys

lol here is what the build is

antec 1080 amg case
p4 2.8 ghrtz
ASUS P4PE motherboard
1 gig crucial ram
120 gb western digital HD
plextor 48x24x48x CD-RW
sound blaster audigy 2 platinum
ati radeon 9700 all in wonder pro
3 antec blue (lighted) fans
clear side panel on the antec so i can see the inside of the case and it glows blue

.... i think i covered everything..

oh and 18 inch viewsonic flatscreen monitor
and instead of getting new speakers i picked up a set of HD 457 Sennheiser headphones

Nice rig!!! What Crucial did you decide on? The pc2100 and 2700 would be "OK". Their pc3200 is garbage! The BETTER (and latest craze) is the Kingston HyperX pc 3000. I wouldn't use Crucial pc2100 or pc2700 on that great rig! But eather way enjoy!!!

ACK !!! lol i went with crucial 2700

crucial has more stability i was told , and my mobo wont support anything higher than 2700 so going with the kingston 3000 or 3200 would have been pointless

Get the AMD 3000 over the Intel P4, the benchtests have proven that the Intel isnt as fast as the AMD 3000 cpu.
Id go with a Asus mobo over gigabyte... gigabytes support sucks ass.

As for video card, are you going to be doing alot of video recording or editing? The all in wonder is ok at it... go out and get the Asus video card they have seperatley from the video card.... does it better and can capture an image as a better resolution. Its using the Philips TV tuner, instead of some off werid brand that ATI uses.

$2800 is alot for a computer that doesnt sound like much... i just rebuilt my computer from the ground up and its got more high tech shit than the one your putting together.... not sure where your buying your stuff from... sounds like you need to shop around a bit more.

ok well what do you want me to do

get on my knees and bow to your supremecy??

im sorry , i completley forgot to consult you on this considering you are the all knowning GOD of computers .. stupid me :confused:

Eee... settle down folks.

What's done is done, and the choice of platform (or any choice) is up to the user.

Sorry , I just took a little offence to that

Nothing can be changed now , the system has been ordered and built and runs like a dream:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom