Beast reborn! NEW BENCHIES!!!!111ONEONEONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok, to celebrate the computer being back up and running, and because i have the new cards coming in tommorow i figure'd i'd start a new thread to get some new numbers comparing the old 680i board, the current 650i board, the 8800GT, new GTS 512's and the upcoming 780i board whenever evga ships it out. To get things started off.

q6600@ 2.4ghz(stock), single GT(stock 650/950), 650i board. Score 11634. Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

q6600@ 2.4ghz(stock), single GT(720/1000), 650i board. Score 11924. Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
not much improvement by overclocking.

q6600@ 2.4ghz(stock), SLI GT(650/950), 650i board. Score 12972. Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer Fairly crappy improvement over single card. Wondering if this 650i board is holding me back.

q6600@ 2.4ghz(stock), SLI GT(720/1000), 650i board. Score 12880. Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer Score actually went down by overclocking the boards. Who knows.

Going back to 3.6ghz and single card.

*fake edit* will be editing periodically as i run new benches.
*fake edit2* The 650i board is an ABIT fatality 650i sli board.
real edit: woot the laptop is on the network now and can actually access the internet for the next time my crappy nvidia board bites the dust.

wow, you have some really measly results there for SLI GT

and I don't see why your mark would go down when you overclock your Q6600...

Something's definitely not right here.

and your point of this thread is...

Its so that i can document the differences between my old 680i board that died, this craptastic 650i board im using now and the new 780i board i'm getting soon. Also, i'm getting 2 GTS cards today so i'll be able to benchmark those against the GT.

And yes the scores do suck. This board is really disappointing, but it was the cheapest SLI board i could get my hands on with short notice. I tried overclocking the quad back to 3.6ghz last night and it wouldnt post so i gave up and went to bed. This board doesnt have the built in cmos reset if you get a bad overclock, so its going to be a lot bigger pain in the butt to work with.

Oh ya, another thing i was interested in. The 650i is only 8x/8x instead of the 16x/16x on my 680i board, i think thats why the SLI scores are so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom