Good System Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i did mean to reccomend the 520hx... i was sleepy and wasn't paying attention to it....

also in an email i got from nvidia talking about holiday deals and tri-sli, it said that with 3 cards you get 2.8 times the performance of one card. so i guess they changed how they optimized the SLI, or their full of crap.

yeah, i did mean to reccomend the 520hx... i was sleepy and wasn't paying attention to it....

also in an email i got from nvidia talking about holiday deals and tri-sli, it said that with 3 cards you get 2.8 times the performance of one card. so i guess they changed how they optimized the SLI, or their full of crap.

well when we see some benchies that prove it i'll believe it.

yes, but it is like 40 bucks more...will it be that big of a difference? This will be my first computer building expierence. Like should i go with a larger case or just stay with the smaller 1?

it's still awesome! keeps the temps low and still have more room than I know what to do with...

that's good to hear, well i've been trying to decide what case im going to use for my next build in feb. i've got it down between the tj09 a stacker 810/830 or a Lian-li a70b. still got a little while to try to decide.

yes, but it is like 40 bucks more...will it be that big of a difference? This will be my first computer building expierence. Like should i go with a larger case or just stay with the smaller 1?

honestly i think its mostly preference. they are both really good cases and its up to you if you want the room or not. either way its a good decision.

oh and an fyi, the antec 900 is $60 after mir on the egg right now if you are signed up on their e-mail list.

sorry for the double post.

Over the past few days, a new technology from Nvidia has been struggling to keep its head above the recent 8800 GT infested waters. As the board's hype is starting to settle down though, it's time for Tri-SLI's turn in the spotlight. TomsHardware China has recently assembled a rig with three 8800 GTX's, and you guessed it, run it through its paces. It appears, however, that Tri-SLI only offers just over two times the performance of a single card – although it does impress in older titles with a 2.7 performance improvement.

Tri-SLI is overrated: first benchmarks appear

so it does give around 2.7% increase, but thats in older titles, but it seems for the most part it seems like its a waste of time and money to go for 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom