Having trouble configuring my wireless computer for xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

umass02

Beta member
You know how you can connect your xbox 360 to your wireless laptop and use that instead of paying for the $100 wireless adapter?

Well, I see the instructions on how to do it...network connections, wireless network connection, properties, and advanced tab. But, instead of seeing that option which allows others to use my laptop to connect to the internet, it's just blank...nothing there. Just the windows firewall settings.

Any ideas on what to do? Is my laptop just not capable of this?

Thanks!

You should see a sharing tab without going into the advanced options.

How old is your laptop?

I have my 360 Configured of my wireless desktop and it works great no problems.

your trying to bridge an internet connection to the Xbox via the laptop. you cant bridge the internet over wireless. tried it plenty of times myself.

Well If you can't bridge wireless to wired for the 360 to get on live then I must be dreaming that I am on live. It works pretty easy for me. You just have to bridge the wired and wireless together run a cat 5 cable fro your 360 to your computer and your set. Figuratively speaking that is.

Well If you can't bridge wireless to wired for the 360 to get on live then I must be dreaming that I am on live.

so your saying you can connect to the internet like:

Wireless router > *wireless connection* > computer > *wired/bridged connection* > 360?

Also, if you want help, i suggest you don't start getting smart with the members here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom