8600GT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoltFTW

Baseband Member
I am upgrading my graphics card to a 8600GT 256MB, I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 520 CPU with Prescott core, I was wondering if I would be able to get decent FPS (50+) on newer games such as Battle Field 2/Counter-Strike: Source on high settings without having to upgrade my CPU... any thoughts? Btw, is the 8600GT really worth it, or should I just purchase a 7600?

For 1024x768 you should be fine on high with a 8600gt on those games, or close to it. Try to upgrade your P4, CPU's are dirt cheap right now.

Your best bet is to pick up an X1950PRO for the same price. It totally destroys that 8600GT. DX10 capability means nothing when the card is too slow to take advantage of those capabilities, and at the moment, there are pretty much no differences between DX9 and DX10

i have the 8600GT as im poor anyho it is a good card but you can get better for slightly more, dont bother buying a card soley becuase it has DX10 unless its an 8800GT ;)

yea i wasn't planning on buying it for DX10 as ive read its pointless and games like Crysis cant even run that well with 8800's. thank you for the support ill look at the card Merk mentioned too... im upgrading my PSU/RAM as well so i don't wanna spend much more than $115 on Video Card.

I play CS:S with a 2.8ghz p4 and a 6800gt and i can play with all settings on high and at 1024x768 with great fps, so you should be fine.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

8600gt sucks.. and for the same price you can get x1950pro which is way more powerful, but its not DX10, but who cares, the 8600gt would crap out in DX10 games anyways not that your playing them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom