Overhaulin': MOBO/PSU/CPU/GPU/RAM (HEEELLPP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The new quad-core amd cpu's (phenom) will be out in march. The ones out know have a bug that affect the performance by about 10 percent. The Phenom 9900 will come out, smahing the q6600 and maybe the q6700 as well, at a cheaper price point (hopefully).

AMD systems are way easier to put together than intel, fans are easy to install, ram settings i think are better. Plus amd has cheaper and smaller motherboard options. Im thinking about just selling my 6600conroe ( which is fast, but everything else with intel is crap ).

The new quad-core amd cpu's (phenom) will be out in march. The ones out know have a bug that affect the performance by about 10 percent. The Phenom 9900 will come out, smahing the q6600 and maybe the q6700 as well, at a cheaper price point (hopefully).

By march Intel's new 45nm Yorkfield quad cores will be out and they are supposed to be able to reach over 4ghz on air cooling.

isn't that the same as like 2.5ghz on AMD? Or does that not apply to dual/quad cores?

That only applied to Intel's Pentium 4's and Pentium D's. The Core 2 Duo/Quad processors are faster than Athlons or Phenoms of equal clock speed.For example a 2.2ghz Core 2 Duo is faster than a 2.2ghz Athlon X2.

Alright then, got some good opinions on the CPU. Pretty sure i'm sticking with AMD and going with the 6400+ BE.

But what about the other two items I need help with, the PSU and the motherboard? What are your opinions on the ones I picked out?

I think you should go Intel... e6750 + Abit ip35 is around the same price as the 6400+ BE and that m2n sli deluxe, btw nice deal on that StealthXStream, really quiet PSU and got some decent 12v Amperage (on 4 rails)
i second this ^^
SLI....your really only going to need it if you play on high resolution like 1080p
overclock the e6750 to 3.7 and it will DESTROY the 6400+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom