i'm a [cheap, loose woman] ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: i'm a whore

With the step up program you get to keep your old card and buy a new one at the cost of the difference between the old card and new one, right ?

No, you send back your old card and get the new one, and you pay the difference.

How does this work? I bought 2 EVGA Ko 512 8800GT on 11/20. Will I be able to use this step up program or is there a time limit of some sort?

First thing is, you MUST register your cards at evga.com within 30 days to be eligible. 2nd, you have to initiate the stepup through the webpage within 90 days. Just checked on mine and my GT already shipped. I applied for my gts320 > GT stepup probably 3 weeks ago. It took them about 4 days to verify it. Then i waited for a GT to be in stock. They emailed me that its ready, gave me an RMA number. You then pay for shipping/price difference between your card and the one you want. I mailed it last thursday using USPS priority mail and here it is wednesday and they have recieved my old card and shipped the new one. I would guess the new card will show up probably friday. So all in all, i would have been without a card for a total of 8 days. But i paid for the cheap shipping since i had other cards to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom