I spent $200 to break my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfwalls, whenever I get this problem its coz the cpu has died on me. No beeps from the mobo, but everything powers on. and no signal. In which case, I hope ur cpu was under warranty.

veedubfreak, u probably wont believe this, but aparently it could be ur keyboard. I googled ur problem, and that's the only answer that actually worked for all other users. The other thing ur problem was put down to was mobo failure. so it sounds like it IS a good idea to rma the board.

Ya i left the cmos battery out from lunch until i got home from work and got the same issue. I'm going to call evga at lunch today and see about doing an rma+trade to get the 780i rather than rma then trade up on the 780i. I'll probably end up buying a cheap mobo from microcenter on my way home just to get back up and running until this crap gets sorted out. 30 day return policy wewt.

i bought a ton of stuff for my computer, acutally it was basically a new computer. i got a new mobo, video card, precessor, Memory to go with the new MoBo, and i installed it all what i thought was correctly. and everytime i started it up, i got all the sounds of the computer, the fans spinning, HDD working, and so fourth, but no signal. as it turns out, i had to take it in and pay $80 for a freaking diagnostic. which i absolutely hate. why am i paying people to tell me whats wrong with it. but yeah, anyways, i guess i did not have the screws on the MoBo in correctly and/or missing screws. so the board probably wasn't grounded correctly. so i would double check those. make sure every screw hole is filled and connecting to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom