Is this water cooling system any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd probably get better cooling on air with a tuniq tower or thermalright ultra 120.

They can both overclock Q6600 3.2 - 3.4GHz quite easily with good temps.

The tuniq is cheaper then that and TRUE120 is about the same-ish.

Akubane has advised you well, if you want to go with water cooling then you must be prepared to spend a fair amount of money on it. There is no sense in going with a cheap water cooling kit, you may as well go with high end air-cooling...

you'd probably get better cooling on air with a tuniq tower or thermalright ultra 120.

They can both overclock Q6600 3.2 - 3.4GHz quite easily with good temps.

The tuniq is cheaper then that and TRUE120 is about the same-ish.
I have a Q6600 with B3 stepping like you do. How well can these higher end air cooling system cool this thing at over 3 GHz?

you should be able to get at least 3.4 on air.

i wouldn't watercool unless you want 3.6+ but even they, i have to ask why? if you own a quad, its more than sufficient right now at stock speeds.

My Q6600 runs hotter than heck heh. I dunno about true but I can't go past 2.4 on stock intel cooler. I'm going water but its costing me 500+ usd.

I'd guarenteed be able to go past 3.0 easily with TRUE or tuniq and some Good thermal paste. I just can't find any sence in paying for all that just to go for water so I've been holding off.

Id say you could get 3.2 with TRUE or Tuniq with respectable temperatures. I can't give you any numbers because I'm runnign stock intel cooler with stock paste. So i'm idling at 43C with intel fan at 90%. Load temps are 50C with 100% heh. I had a bit of a cable mess in there too. Got some new fans and sata dvd ram and i'm gonna cut a few holes for cable managment. might drop temps a few degrees.

But I still say that tuniq or TRUE will own that watercooler for way less of a headache.

you should be able to get at least 3.4 on air.

i wouldn't watercool unless you want 3.6+ but even they, i have to ask why? if you own a quad, its more than sufficient right now at stock speeds.
Yeah, I know, but what's wrong with wanting it to go faster? :D

i'm on 3.6 with a Tuniq and MX-1 in a Antec 900 case. i idle about 39-41*C hit 70*C in Prime. and its stable for over 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom