bare, bare bones build...feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So this would be the tightest budget build i've ever done....essentially i was told to save every buck possible and still have a decent office/internet computer. These guys don't play games at all, mostly just photoshop photo editing and internet access. How does this sound?

HD- $56 160GB - seagate barracuda
Mobo- $82 biostar 570
CPU- $70 X2 4000+
RAM- $50 OCZ plat rev 2 2GB
GPU- $60 X800

Total: $318 CAN

Just about the cheapest stuff I could find....they have the case, drives and psu. any suggestions to cut more? maybe cheaper mobo? I'll OC some for them but won't be a big OC.

Yeah....you know that might be a good idea, I never really considered integrated video, but may have dismissed too quickly.

he wants the 4000 so i didn't argue too much, told him once i OC it it won't make a difference but he didn't budge, meh, the guys an oxymoron, "save as much money as you can....no, i want the 4000+"

Well thats still a good chip, either way. But with the integrated video as darksideleader said, you could have a pretty cheap build bare bones build.

Curious, is that X2 3600+ in your sig a brisbane?

ya he has the Brisbane, otherwise he wouldn't have the eVGA 590 or overclocked to 3.0ghz

yeah, is the brisbane, runs great with 590...nagasama has the same and i think he has his at 3.1.

So have decided to go with the integrated video, now i just have to figure out which is the best.

These were the boards I found on ncix with 4 DIMM slots and 2 IDE slots (they have 3 IDE devices):

NCIX.com - Buy MSI K9NBPM2-FID mATX AM2 QUADRO210+NF430B DDR2 PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound Video Motherboard - MS-7252 In Canada.

and

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS M2NBP-VM/CSM mATX AM2 QUADRO210+NF430B DDR2 PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound Video Motherboard - M2NBP-VM/CSM GREEN In Canada.

Opinions?

What kind of quality is GeForce 6 vs ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 vs NVIDIA GeForce 7025 or other?

The 1250 can't be too bad.

Reviews

After looking at the specs I think I would pick the 1250. I don't think there would be a huge difference though between them for most purposes. Might want to go with the cheapest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom