DVD-Rs in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

theForumCity

Solid State Member
I am going to the USA next week and since things are so cheap there I want to buy some blank DVD-R media - now I want to find out if this media will work in the UK as normal or is there some sort of difference!

Oh good - I have burnt some DVD videos in standard DVD format on my PC in the UK - will these work in the USA?

What about VHS tapes or Video DVDs from the USA? Will the VHS work in my player in the UK? Will the American Video DVD work on my PC?

For Burnt DVDs - I am attending my cousins wedding in the USA, and the official video guy would either make a VHS or DVD for us - now since VHS won't work I would go with DVD. Now the DVD won't work on my DVD Player (with my TV) but surely it will work on my PC, because thats universal - and then using my PC I can convert it to a format that will work with my TVs DVD Player?

Correct?

YAY - well thats settled then - I will be getting cheap DVD-Rs and CD-Rs from the USA as well as the official wedding DVD!

Thanks for the help guys!

i know it will work because i bought a few dvds in europe and i didnt have to convert it to play it on my tv. im pretty sure your allright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom