Placed My Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ncix is curently cheaper then newegg i got my q6600 for 269.99

Yeah, I think if you build an entire system though, you can get it for cheaper in the US.

I checked NCIX, everything was cheaper at DirectCanada by comparison. I know NCIX has price-match, but their shipping/insurance was still like $80+, whereas DC was free shipping plus $15 for insurance.

*shameless bump*

K well, just thought I'd make an update. So according to the tracking page, the packages have been shipped! But, I've decided to switch the GTS for a GT :|

Because, at this point, I don't feel that the $100 difference is worth it now, and the version I'm getting has a really great cooling solution on it and overclocks extremely well, and it's selling for $248 and there is a possibility I can get a $20 MIR, so $228 for a 512MB 8800GT.. well, you know, that's friggin good! (btw, it's Canada only :p )

Anyway, it's being delivered from Vancouver, which has a 3 hour time difference from where I'm at, it's at the other end of Canada. Now, I've tried reaching them but I was too late, so I hope that maybe the shipment makes a stop in Toronto where their other warehouse is located and maybe they can do the switch there. But I guess the worst case scenario is I have it exchanged once it's received... that'll be torture though, because I'd have all those parts lying around until next week!

More details about this card though... it's the Galaxy 8800GT. There are two designs. One is the standard reference design (flat black with white stripes) and there's a second one with copper-pipe heatsink that takes up two slots and it also has two PCI-E power inputs to support an increase in voltage, for better overclocking. So I'm rather excited about that aspect (that's going to be the one I'm getting). I've seen multiple user reviews claiming that it does in fact cool better. I haven't heard much about overclocking, but I'm willing to test it out because the price is just right. I'll wait and see I guess.

^I would've agreed with that if I was still getting the 8800GTS, but now my total build will be costing me about $1200 with the GT instead, whereas your suggestion would've taken me to $1500... actually, maybe even $1600 or more

true...i'm just not a fan of that board for gaming. with those cards being so cheap its almost irresistible not to SLI them.

Yeah, I just can't afford SLI or Crossfire for the time being, I'm sure a single slot solution will be fine for now.

And as for the boards... $89 for the DS3L vs $266 for the Maximus, well, I think you get my point

I'll see a while from now what my financial situation is like and maybe I'll sell my rig or some parts with little depreciation and get into some SLI/Crossfire action.

I mean dude, you had to sell your rig for the same reasons! Computers are an expensive hobby.. d'you ever sell that rig?

Yeah, I just can't afford SLI or Crossfire for the time being, I'm sure a single slot solution will be fine for now.

And as for the boards... $89 for the DS3L vs $266 for the Maximus, well, I think you get my point

I'll see a while from now what my financial situation is like and maybe I'll sell my rig or some parts with little depreciation and get into some SLI/Crossfire action.

I mean dude, you had to sell your rig for the same reasons! Computers are an expensive hobby.. d'you ever sell that rig?

nah. i sold my car though :p

yeah i see the price difference. i agree its expensive..my computer cost right at $2100 brand new. and that was with some awesome deals.

the lapping guide akubane found was terrible.... you are supposed to move the sandpaper NOT the cooler itself (why would you? it doesn't make sense to make your hands bleed)

aha, one thing I forgot to mention :D

This rig is going to be 100% complete... except for one very embarrassing thing: the monitor! I'm currently using an 8-year-old 17" HP MX70 CRT monitor! XD

I just couldn't fit a new one into this order because I didn't have the money or budget to do so. I'm really hoping on someone getting me a nice 22" widescreen LCD for Christmas, or maybe picking one up cheap on boxing day.

Here's a pic of the CRT: Amazon.com: HP MX70 17" CRT Monitor: Electronics

I really like this quote from one of the reviews:

hahaha

Hey 17" CRTS were the sh*t . . . back in 1995 :D The first time I saw a monitor that big I was like "OMG it can't get any better than this" :rolleyes:
BTW I still use by 8-10 year old CRT for my duel display, **** these CRTS just don't seem to ever die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom