6800 Ultra or X800 XT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of those two the x 800 xt is better but the NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 ULTRA EXTREME EDITION will smoke the x800xt fo sho

Once again, BS has no idea what he's talking about, if you want to be future proofed, get the 6800, if you want more performace now, at the cost of a little eye candy when the next Direct X comes out, go with the x800XT, one example of the eye candy is the new Far Cry patch.

I smell a flame war...DUH DUH... DUH DUH... DUH DUH... DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH get the 6800, its better value as it has better support for future stuff.

I'd get the Radeon. Noone will need Pixel Shader 3.0 for at least another year and a half, and right now the Radeon outperforms the 6800, even with all the details turned all the way up.

they are both excellent cards that will get you great performance no matter which one you choose
it's all a matter of opinion

I personally prefer the X800's; the 6800's do outperform them though and I won't lie on that

the X800's do look better, and this matters to people who want their PC to look good, although not everybody has a window in their case, and a lot of people just don't care how it looks, and are just in it for performance

the 6800 takes up the AGP and the PCI slot next to it, although that won't bother people who don't use PCI a lot - most people don't use more than 3 (sound card, modem and NIC are the most common)

the 6800's take up more power: this may or may not bother you if you have to pay a little more for a bigger PSU. like I said before, it is all a matter of opinion (and sometimes pocket size)

omg guys how could you say the x800XT are better than the 6800 ultras the 6800 has pixel shader 3.0!!!! and for all of you who think that no games will used ps 3.0 for another year are wrong! farCry had allready came out with a pc 3.0 patch and OMG it makes a HUGE difference it is AMAZING!! everything looks more rounded and REAL!! so much more REALISM and i will put money on it that doom 3/ half life 2 will use ps 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom