PSU confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
I'm going to need a new PSU just to calm my nerves, if nothing else. My system in about 7 days will be AMD X2 6000+, asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, eVGA superclocked 8800gt 512, and the other specs in my sig. I need a PSU to run this system, but I can't justify spending over $50 for one. My crappy PSU I have now has worked too well for me to spend over $50 on a new one, when this one was free with a case. Problem is, I don't know much about PSU's other then to look for amperage on the 12v rail.

Any suggestions that AREN'T the corsair 520hx? And <$50?

I personally think anyone who spends around $100 on a PSU is way over doing it unless they are hugely overclocking and have SLI, neither of which I plan to do. Thanks for the suggestions sora. Any more anyone?

The PSU is the most important part of the computer. How can you not justify spending the money on a quality part? It only has the ability to destroy every piece of hardware connected to it. It will also save you money in the long run to buy an efficient power supply (less than a year).

I would go with the Corsair 450w VX $60 w/ rebate. It has a 5 year warranty unlike the 1 year warranty of the others. There is a reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom