Overhaulin': MOBO/PSU/CPU/GPU/RAM (HEEELLPP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok if your going AMD, get the AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Brisbane Black Edition its like a 6400+ BE but it runs cooler and consumes less power

yes... ^ it'll overclock the same.. by increasing hte 5000+ multiplier once... it'll be at 6400+ Speeds

Hrm.. So I guess that makes the 6400+ BE able to OC up to the q6600 level ?

That would be interesting.

I think you've misinterpreted my post completely... no AMD Dual-Core will ever perform with a q6600 with Natural cooling (you'd need like Water Cooling).. what I'm saying is that the 5000+ Black Edition can perform with the 6400+ Black Edition, without the hassle of Windsor Core (90nm die, runs hotter, consumes more power)

I think you've misinterpreted my post completely... no AMD Dual-Core will ever perform with a q6600 with Natural cooling (you'd need like Water Cooling).. what I'm saying is that the 5000+ Black Edition can perform with the 6400+ Black Edition, without the hassle of Windsor Core (90nm die, runs hotter, consumes more power)

ahh, ic. I asked if the 6400+ BE would OC as well as the 5000+ BE, and you said it would OC the same, but now I know what you meant.

I think both of us got a tad mixed up :D

Ok so the price difference isn't that much between th 6400+ and the 5000+, so I might as well go for the 6400+ between those two. I don't see a 6400+ Black Edition though??? Where you guys seeing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom