Suggestions for Basic GPU (below low end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyf

Daemon Poster
I'm planning on using EVGAs step up soon, which will put me out of a GPU (PCI) for a period of time. It'd be nice to get something as a replacement.

I'm talking lowlowlow budget here, it just needs to run the OS so I can check my email/ firefox/ use matlab. How cheap can I get them/ what price is it not worth
paying below?

People only seem to sell 8 and maybe 7- series Nvidia, and equivalent ATI cards.

Kinda useful to have one lying around for testing whats broken in the future too, I guess.

Any suggestions?

50 bucks is still a little steep, given I don't really need it. I was looking more in the $20 range if there is such a thing

Kind of annoying. There are loads of people out there who don't need their computer for more that just email and maybe the odd movie, for which the graphics technology has been around since about 1994, but you still have to spend $80 on new GPU. I know there is a minimum price for making the chip and paying the workers, but still! many people paying much money for stuff they don't need.

Or maybe if you need only to check your mail, you won't be buying separate GPUs in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom