extreme budget WoW comp..good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahammer342

Solid State Member
Im trying to build a world of warcraft computer for a friend, and on a extreme budget. Would like to stay under 250. Already have other stuff not linked (HDD, moniter, keyboard mouse, ect..)

Newegg.com - MSI MBOX K9VGM-V AMD Socket AM2 AMD Athlon X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 VIA K9M890 2 x 240Pin VIA Chrome9 Barebone - Retail

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N732-LR GeForce 8400GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

(2x) Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 LE-1620 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor - Retail

How does this look? Now i want this computer to be able to play wow, but it ddoesnt have to be max setting or whatever, just medium. Im a little worried about the graphics card, if you all know of a better one to use that would stay under 75 bucks let me know.

ya links don't work but i hope that third one isn't a link for 2gfx cards to run them in SLI

I used to be a pretty hardcore raider with a very well known guild on a very high pop server. I raided 6-7 days a week, all night for about 3 years. That pc wouldn't last long in end game, or serious PvP... You'd need something stronger. BUT if he's just playing to play, and has no real aspirations to become the best that will be fine.

When you want to be in a 40 man (now 25 man) raid burning the midnight oil so you can have the bragging rights of taking it down before your competition. Thats when you can't afford even a smidge of lag, thats when you having less then 30 fps can ruin an entire guild's attempt.

Its honestly unbelievable how nice of a PC you need for wow if you're serious. The everyday Joe could get along fine with almost nothing for a PC, but when you raid a lots going on, and your system needs to process all thats going on in a timely manner.

RIP Rakie: Human rogue of <Ethereal Knights> / <Darkfire> and
RIP Rakie: Blood Elf rogue (Reroll) of <Aftermath>

Im so glad I quit, but I really miss playing. :(

ya playing wow requires at least a qx6850, 4GB DDR3 ram, 2 150GB raptors in Raid 0, and 3 8800GTS's in Tri SLI

ya playing wow requires at least a qx6850, 4GB DDR3 ram, 2 15GB raptors in Raid 0, and 3 8800GTS's in Tri SLI

lol.

ok put it this way. My brothers older system, Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz with a nice Asus mobo (don't recall which one) 2g OCZ pc 3200, a 7950GT, Antec 900 case.

And he still had 25 and less FPS in a raid situation or intense PvP. **** we had less then that standing in Shat city (The main city)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom