QX9650 Initial Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

frupert

Solid State Member
Talking to one of your great members nitestick and he said something about these forums so i thought i would post my results here for you all to view, ive copied my post from my home forums :) enjoy!

Got the QX9650 last night...

b_182715.jpg

Came in a nice big box and had some nice info on the outside...

Pack Date: 11/16/07
BATCH: L739A643

Also this is the special 24mb cache version only available to australians :)

So i popped it in, although it wasnt quite that simple with my phase insulating - made it a bit more than a 5 min job!

Once we were already to go i fired it up and headed into BIOS, initial BIOS temps indicated that indeed the QX9650 is far cooler than my 65nm predecessor and that i definitely didnt have a bad mount haha!

b_223211.jpg

Tonight i put it through some initial testing and just started to get familiar with this chip and its characteristics. I was amazed at how much faster these processors are, and how little heat they put out! Also this processor scaled to over 4Ghz for me on just over stock voltages(1.275v)!

Anyways here are some of the initial results, hopefully over the next few days i can do more testing and explore its tendencies...

Best SuperPi:

b_010153.jpg

(unfortunately no cpu-z or anything with that one, i forgot)

SuperPi with CPU-Z etc:

b_004602.jpg

3dMark03:

b_010132.jpg

Quite a nice night of testing and very impressed, hopefully we can see some sub 9 second superpi tomorrow :)

frupert

holy crap you got the $1k CPU! looks good (Y) what GPU are you running?

Running 2 x HD3870 but they are only water cooled at the moment, will see some real rsults with them next week when they go under DICE hehe...

Why does Australia get a special chip???

Phase cooling is sweet. It can make you a big nerd and a tough guy at the same time since it could kill you :) I've always wanted to try and make one of those home made ones, just to do it.

I already have 3dMark06 and so forth but you will not see results for a few days, they will be posted on hwbot.org first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom