Better PC: What to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the games that you want to play you are going to need at least an ATI HD3850. The 7600GT will not cut it for those. If you want to enjoy your gaming experiences than try to save up the extra money for good components. Junk in, Junk out! Always has been like that and always will be.

Garci, if you are going to upgrade your mobo and cpu then I would suggest going am2. But remember if you do you will need new ram and I'm guessing your video card is intergrated or agp. So you will either need a new video card or a mobo with intergrated (which isn't very good).

Well, update guys:

- The previous option remains the same: AMD 64 x2 + ASUS M2n-mx + 1gb of DDR2 ram

- I've talked to the guy that sells computer equipment to my father, he offered me the following:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 + Intel DG 31 PR motherboard + 1GB of DDR2 RAM + NVIDIA 8500 GT video card, all for $320.

Now, I know it's Intel and what not, but it looks like a good offer. The video card is among the latest for what I have read, and it isn't a lot more than what I thought of spending in option 1. I don't really know what to think, any input?

Yeah, the guy talked about making a new one. He offered giving me the stuff I mentioned earlier (but now I'll talk to him about giving me a better video card), a new case, 250GB hard drive, everything new. That would mean I should sell my old stuff, which I'll do anyway. However, I'm not getting anything until I get a green light from the experts here.

So, the video card sucks. Any ideas on what I should ask him for? Not specific models, but rather specifications of the video card. And what about the processor/motherboard? Are they good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom