Safe Video Card Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
ive oced my card (7950 gx2) core to 552.0 and memory to 728.9 and my temps get up to as high as 84C after about 7 minutes of scanning for artifacts, is this safe? wats the highest i could go safetly without ruining the card?
p.s. after 7 minutes it went to 84 it may rise as i type this

this is weird i get a lower 3d mark score if i put my memory up to 772 i get 7999 rather than original 8011 with only 728 mem

when you get a lower 3dmark score after an oc it means that your oc wasnt stable.
84 degrees isnt safe btw. Make sure it stays around 70-80 max on load.
And if you wana to test the oc, run the artifact scanner for about 15-30 mins, 7 mins isnt enough.

80 degrees should be the max it ever gets, i really dont like seeing chips at those temps! If this is going to be a 24/7 overclock then max temps should be 70 degrees for your card - if its just for benching then go get the desk fan off your sister and direct it on the card for a while :)

80 degrees should be the max it ever gets, i really dont like seeing chips at those temps! If this is going to be a 24/7 overclock then max temps should be 70 degrees for your card - if its just for benching then go get the desk fan off your sister and direct it on the card for a while :)

well the artifact scanner ran for only 7 mins and thats not good ,especially when the temps reached 84.
And his 3dmark score went down which shows that it was unstable.

Its almost impossible for me to saftly oc my card then because it went to 85-86 when i had the window open,case side open an extra big fan facing it i guess ill just go back to factory clock because this card gets super hot super fast

when oc, dont just jumt the core and mem clock.
Increase them by about 5-15 increments and then artifact scan.
One you find errors of if you pc freezes and crashes, then you know you reached the limit. After drop down the clock about 10 increments form the amount that it crashed on.
Trial an error, and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom