What can be done to cool down a laptop CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
I've got a kinda old laptop, 1.2ghz celeron, which hits 90c under load....I really need to cool it down because it keeps crashing.

Any ideas?

get a can of compressed air and blow it through the heatsink to get out dust. Blow through the exhaust side though.

spit on it

jk

if the can of compressed air doesnt work, probably will, but if it doesnt make sure you dont have any clothe materials or something near it, make sure your room temp isnt too high or any warm air is blowing against it....

I have two Acer 5100's with AMD Turion 64x2 CPU's that were running warm so I opened them up hit em with some compressed air removed the factory thermal paste( was dried and flaky) and applied G751 Shin-Etsu put the HS back on idle temps down 10c.

Chill mats are nice but if you're handy enough to apply some arctic silver or something to the cpu do it. Factory thermal paste is always crappy and it seems to flake out after a couple of years on laptops in my experience. Put some quality material on there and your temps will plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom